What cookies are?
A cookie is a file made up of a string of letters and numbers that is placed in a web browser, on the hard drive of a computer or mobile device.
There are three basic types of cookies:
- session cookies: specific to a specific visit, limited to sending a so-called session ID (a random string of digits generated by the server). Session cookies are not permanently stored on the device and are deleted when you close the browser;
- persistent cookies: files that save information about the user’s preferences, are stored in the cache of the browser or mobile device; and
- third-party cookies: placed by third parties to collect data from many different websites or sessions.
What cookies do we use?
We use the following cookies:
- strictly necessary cookies, i.e. cookies enabling the use of the website and its individual functions. The information collected relates to your use of the website.
- analytical cookies. These cookies collect information about how users use the website, e.g. which pages they visit most often, whether they receive error messages and how they came to our website. The information collected by these cookies is used solely to improve the user experience of our website. Sometimes these types of files are placed by third parties providing network traffic and analytics services. We use Google Analytics tools.
- functional cookies. Cookies allow us to remember the choices made, e.g. the language you choose and the other parameters of individual websites.
- advertising cookies. Files record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited. This information allow us to measure the effectiveness of marketing or information activities. We may share this information with third parties.
Types of cookies we use.
|Cookie name||Reason for using this file||Expiry date|
|_ga||Google Analytics tracking cookie||369 days|
|_ga_GXXX||GA identifier||369 days|
|_gid||GA identifier||366 days|
|pll_language||Setting website language||12 months|
How to block cookies?
The default settings of most browsers assume that you agree to cookies.
In order to block or delete cookies, please read the content in the help tab of your browser, where instructions on how to block or delete cookies are provided. More information on disabling third-party cookies can be found on their websites and their cookie policies.
Below you will find information on how to manage cookies in the most popular browsers: